background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What to do in the wee hours of the night (~_~)


...when I am going thru a sleepless period in life I sort of enjoy being all alone at night with NO demands on me, I can do as I please if I have the energy:)
The night before last, with an impending snowstorm upon us, I felt, as I usually do before a snowstorm, like "super" nesting! When I food shopped that day I was sure to pick up the necessities for such "nesting"! A whole chicken, lots of veggies, yeast, tea, honey, and more! So....yeast, yes, i was thinking homemade bread. Baking is NOT one of my strong points ( Sure I have my "tried and true", and they ARE somethin' to write home about, but they are few, no matter, COOKING is where I shine in the kitchen!

So back to the bread . It took 5 hours to make basic, Laurels Kitchen recipe, whole wheat bread. It's good, but I think the last stage of the pre-cooking is where I blew it:( it needed to rise a bit more...as is always the case in my household, its getting eaten!! now on to a new recipe for next time i happen to wake up...... in the wee hours (~_~)
...P.S. here's a great spread, not uncommon, for toast. soften 1 pkg. cream cheese and mix with 1/2 cup or more of finely chopped stuffed green olives...YUM!!!! Be Back Soon. Happy cooking and baking:):)

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds so cozy...and I do enjoy the snow! Baking bread seems to go hand and hand with snow, too.
    I know, I keep thinking about your shop and that is keeping me going. I don't know what's with me lately, but I know it will pass!

    ReplyDelete